Replacing Ashford 30 Stove suggestions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'd love to have our house at 71. As soon as stove weather is here the wife demands 75 to 78 in the main living area! I wear shorts and a tee shirt all winter and she is still in flannel with a blanket. Lol. Funny thing is is that before we bought this house and got indoor wood heat we never let the previous house get warmer than 70 and the night time set back was 64. Never a complaint from her.
My wife is the same. She goes by the thermometer. If it is in the 20s outside she is cold until the house is in the 73-75 range. That's too hot for me, but we compromise. It's been 74º in the living room all week during the current cold snap.

If it is in the 20s outside she is cold until the house is in the 73-75 range. That's too hot for me, but we I compromise. It's been 74º in the living room all week during the current cold snap.
FIFY ;)

LOL. I go to a cooler part of the house. If we were seeing midwest temps right now my wife would be heading south.

Reactions: brenndatomu
LOL @brenndatomu that's too true. Before becoming wood burners my wife was a keep it at 60 and wear blankets kind of woman. She's now an OMG its below 70 I'm frozen type...go add some wood!

Stove room lives around 75 and the rest of downstairs 68-70 ish. The bedrooms are round 70-72 when things are rolling along. I wish I could swap the bedroom and living area temps but that's not happening without major renovations. We're happy how it is given that all we need to use is the insert blower and one tower fan.

Reactions: brenndatomu
A former co-worker was renting an old farm house next door to us when he worked with me...I guess it had some insulation and air sealing issues...and he had a newlywed "can't be spending $300 per month on LP" problem...he mentioned one day that they let the house temp go into the low 50's at night...something like 62 in the daytime...I was like !!!
He has since moved and now has a wood furnace :cool: