Replacing Englander's 25-PDVC - 2 Vacuum Switches with a Heavier Metal switch.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
suscrbd. ............as i do for every 25pdvc thread so when it happens to my stove i might be better prepared. ;) good luck and keep us posted.

Hello

Well it looks like it could either be the heat sensor or the lower auger motor at this point. So since this is a 2004 stove and does have diagnostics then this heat sensor test should give the info to help here.

Here is the KEY instruction!
So if the blower speed reads 9 then the heat sensor is NOT reading the temperature. (According to Mike since the diagnostics info below does not say that.) :)

If it read a number that changes like 4 or 5 then it is reading the temperature properly.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/diagnostic_mode04.html

Attachments

• EnglanderHeatSensorTest.jpg
    EnglanderHeatSensorTest.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 296
Hi Mike

Well I finally heard back that my brand new auger motor to replace the lower auger motor fixed the problem!

Thanks everyone for all your help. The stove and venting is nice and clean now and it should be all set!

That was a tricky one. I do not just like to replace parts until the stove is fixed, that makes it a little harder. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.