Replacing Entire Chimney, Looking at ICC-Excel or Security Chimneys.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kenmal

Jan 21, 2019
WI
I am looking at replacing My entire Chimney, I am looking for opinions on Excel & Security.

Both are at a local dealer’s, I prefer going local for this vs the internet.

It is for a Blazeking King stove so 8" it is. Only downside to Security I see is there Black Double wall has openings in it, so I am not sure if that would cool the temp of the pipe to much or even if it matters? I will end up with about 9 feet or so of pipe out the roof.

The installer that I would have do the install has worked with / installed both , He did say with Security I do not need a stove adapter. He was not sure if excel would need a stove adapter because he has not installed that on any blaze king stove. The ICC dealer was not sure if it would need the adapter or not.

Any and all input would be great.

I am looking at replacing My entire Chimney, I am looking for opinions on Excel & Security.

Both are at a local dealer’s, I prefer going local for this vs the internet.

It is for a Blazeking King stove so 8" it is. Only downside to Security I see is there Black Double wall has openings in it, so I am not sure if that would cool the temp of the pipe to much or even if it matters? I will end up with about 9 feet or so of pipe out the roof.

The installer that I would have do the install has worked with / installed both , He did say with Security I do not need a stove adapter. He was not sure if excel would need a stove adapter because he has not installed that on any blaze king stove. The ICC dealer was not sure if it would need the adapter or not.

Any and all input would be great.
Either one will be fine but excel is much better pipe