Replacing fireboard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zmak

Nov 23, 2013
east coast
This is will be my second season with my nc- 30. I am curious to know how often the fire board should be replaced. I didn't burn 24/7 last season and stove was used mainly as secondary to my oil heat. I went through approximately 3 cords of delicious wood. thanks in advance

There really is no time line for the baffle boards, it all depends how much you burn, how hot you burn, how careful you are loading wood and how careful you are taking the baffles out when cleaning (they are fragile)
I have heard of people needing new baffles after 2 seasons of use, while my friend with his nc30 got 5 years and the baffles looked fine (a little chunck was missing and some spots were flaky) but he moved so I couldn't really judge after that.

Excellent I was concerned about safety, although it may have gotten a little hot in there due to my inexperience the board seem okay. Not new condition but no cracks or holes. The only parts of the stove I noticed actually turning red was the tubes, and these also seem to be fine and no warping that I can tell.