Replacing gas tank on a 039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I can pickup a 039 for $100 and apparently all it needs is a gas tank (due to cracked tank).
Owner claims it is a big job to replace a tank on a 039!
Is that so.......?
Thanks

I few hours should get you there. If you have a cleared bench make it a couple weeks.....lol

Do I really need this saw....? Is this an improvement over the 360 which I like a lot!
This is called a saw fever as many of you suffer from..
Heck, for 100 I will let it sit on the bench for way more than couple weeks,
Will likely talk him down a bit!

Diabel said:
Do I really need this saw....? Is this an improvement over the 360 which I like a lot!

No, its not as stong as your 360. When in a long cut they come pretty close, but I would rather have the 360.

smokinjay said:
Diabel said:

No, its not as stong as your 360. When in a long cut they come pretty close, but I would rather have the 360.

+1

Thanks guys
I think I will pass, it is a good price though!
I was thinking to set this one up as a milling saw, but I just have no time....

Diabel said:
I can pickup a 039 for $100 and apparently all it needs is a gas tank (due to cracked tank).
Owner claims it is a big job to replace a tank on a 039!
Is that so.......?
Thanks

IIRC it used to take me about an hour. Used part should be easy to find, 029, 029 super, 039 will be an exact fit and MS290, MS310, MS390 will fit too if you dont mind the flippy cap on the fuel tank. Check pricing on new parts if you intend to go that way, I remember them being pricey!

And Jay is right about the 039 vs. your 360. 039 is no slouch but it ain't got any braggin' rights over that 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.