Resolute Acclaim 2490 combustion package replacement with castable refractory cement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mac2

Oct 11, 2021
toccoa ga
The castings held up great, The only noticible wear is the discoloration from the heat and fire. The actual castings are just as good now as when they were first cast. No deterioation from the first winters use from a stove, that during the cold ran 24 hours a day. The pictures show the burn package as it sits in the stove and the other picture is of the three individual pieces that were cast, The package is held together and in place by the metal sealing plates on the sides of the stove. I also noticed no difference in the performance of the stove, which initially was of a concern to me. It performs just as it did with the other burn package. Im going to pull some silicone molds off of the castings so I can easily duplicate them if the casting material does not hold up and I need to get a better product. Maybe a little to early to claim success, but as of now I am very pleased with it.
1653787177960.png
1653787224966.png

Good news. Hope it continues to perform well.

Link to prior thread and casting info:

Hey Mac2, I have just acquired a 0041 stove and planning to rebuild it. (Yes I've read the horror stories of these stoves... But hey.... Why not make life harder than it has to be....) It's pretty much a shell so lots of bits to either be manufactured or purchased ..... Weight is going to be an issue as I live in Western Australia so looking to fabricate most bits that I can. I was hoping you might have the measurements for the combustion package that you might be able to send me so I can follow in your footsteps and cast a new one of my own. If you have the measurements and are happy to share them that would be greatly appreciated.

Im sorry but I do not have the deminsions you are looking for, as i destroyed the forms as I removed the castings.
steve