Resolute I and II Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Snipedangles

Oct 27, 2020
Massachusetts
Stove I bought cane with the glass retainer. Was thinking of using, but I need to purchase the glass pieces. Based on my readings here, it seems I may be on fools errand, is that true? Or is it worth it? I don’t mind cleaning daily, as long as it will be somewhat clear most of the day.

Also, I want to contribute. The photos I will upload are the glass/retainer instructions. A bunch of this paperwork came with the stove, pretty neat.

Attachments

• DE03E6BB-89A4-46F5-944C-5E571B90625C.jpeg
    DE03E6BB-89A4-46F5-944C-5E571B90625C.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 5D6480E3-BDAC-4662-94E9-0BB0906EC40E.jpeg
    5D6480E3-BDAC-4662-94E9-0BB0906EC40E.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 116
Stove I bought cane with the glass retainer. Was thinking of using, but I need to purchase the glass pieces. Based on my readings here, it seems I may be on fools errand, is that true? Or is it worth it? I don’t mind cleaning daily, as long as it will be somewhat clear most of the day.

Also, I want to contribute. The photos I will upload are the glass/retainer instructions. A bunch of this paperwork came with the stove, pretty neat.
I like the glass, I have run a Resolute for many years. It'll get dirty quickly, and forget about cleaning it all the time, because it'll be sooted up shortly after you start the next fire.

Even without full view, you still get a nice red glow that is nice and gives some indication of what's going on inside.

I strongly recommend you proceed with the glass. Just make sure it's the ceramic glass (not regular glass), and get the small gasket installed carefully with some atv silicone.

It's expensive for those tiny little panes, but totally worth it, at least to me.

I like the glass, I have run a Resolute for many years. It'll get dirty quickly, and forget about cleaning it all the time, because it'll be sooted up shortly after you start the next fire.

Even without full view, you still get a nice red glow that is nice and gives some indication of what's going on inside.

I strongly recommend you proceed with the glass. Just make sure it's the ceramic glass (not regular glass), and get the small gasket installed carefully with some atv silicone.

It's expensive for those tiny little panes, but totally worth it, at least to me.
Appreciate the opine. I was leaning towards the purchase, and you further tipped the scale. Will buy.