Review something for me?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

beermann

Feeling the Heat
Jan 16, 2017
canada
So Lowe's has these manufactured fire logs. 10 logs for $4.50, 2 lbs a log. Says burn times are 2-4hrs

After a lot of searching the only review/video I can find is one of an individual using an old inefficient stove with no secondary burn and vents wide open in his trailer. He gets a 1hr burn per log. His stove also looks like it was home made.

I'd be greatful is someone with a more modern stove could try one of these 10 pack facto energy logs from Rona. Post a quick video of it on secondary burn and a total burn time for 1 or 2 logs.

I am only asking because my stove isn't installed yet and ill have to wait a few more months before its cold enough to fire up. Maby someone on here is already firing up a stove once in a while?

Agree there's not a lot of info on these. The good news is there's no paraffin.

I think you'd have to scout out a competitor's product that may have more videos out there. If the BTUs are the same, them consider them same-same and decide.

Reactions: beermann