Rhode Island solar incentives. Wow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Looks like WA state just voted in an incentive renewal package too. 54 cents per kWh when a WA state made system in used.

Looks like WA state just voted in an incentive renewal package too. 54 cents per kWh when a WA state made system in used.

Do you have a source for that? Last I heard the incentive was expiring soon because the incentive was capped and was reaching the limit. I can't find news that it was extended.

The source was our local solar installer who has been following the progress of the bill by the minute. I'll see if I can dig up more details. They passed on the news from the WA State solar installers association which reported 47-2 approval in the Senate and 74-19 in the House.

The source was our local solar installer who has been following the progress of the bill by the minute. I'll see if I can dig up more details. They passed on the news from the WA State solar installers association which reported 47-2 approval in the Senate and 74-19 in the House.

It must be pretty recent. I'm interested in this because it looks like a 5.5 kW system on my roof is a no-brainer!

How it works in most states with incentives is that if you are not installing solar on your house you are paying to install it on the neighbors house through increased system benefit charges.