RI-new to pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdamico

Aug 20, 2013
South Kingstown, RI
Hi everyone,
Sorry to be so needy, but I'm new to pellet heating and like to do all my research before buying! I am getting my Harman Accentra installed Thurs-so excited. So I have a few local choices on pellets and would love your opinions. I can get Dry Creek Premium($249/ton), Barefoot($289), Greene Team($274), Green Supreme($214). The reviews for G.S. don't look promising. Seems the Barefoot are the best, but is that what I need? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,
Sorry to be so needy, but I'm new to pellet heating and like to do all my research before buying! I am getting my Harman Accentra installed Thurs-so excited. So I have a few local choices on pellets and would love your opinions. I can get Dry Creek Premium($249/ton), Barefoot($289), Greene Team($274), Green Supreme($214). The reviews for G.S. don't look promising. Seems the Barefoot are the best, but is that what I need? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the pellet world. Barefoot's are a nice pellet as long as you can afford them. If money is tight and you need to pinch the DryCreek are a decent pellet. If your flat out poor, Mix in some GS to be used on the warmer days. Try to find the GS that are from the NH mill. NH mill has a little better quality IMHO as the NY mills.

Others will reply, stay tuned! ;)

Reactions: Tdamico
Welcome. I'm not too far from you. Where did you pick up your stove? I was looking at the same one.
Went to Hearthside Fireplace and Patio in Warwick, RI. The customer service was second to none. I would recommend them to anyone. I also went to Wakefield Fireplace (Wakefield, RI) and wasn't impressed. The salesman that 'helped' me smelled of alcohol at 2pm and wasn't very knowledgeable. I may be a chick, but I do my research....so you better know your stuff!!!

Yo Rhody...welcome to the madness! No, folks here are not crazy, but lots of opinions and recommendations will challenge your decision making. I would spend some time reading the blogs here and get a feel for the world of "pelletation." Can't go wrong with the Barefoots which are a favorite of mine and others on this site but you should try many different bags of pellets to determine which burn best for you. Grab some bags and take notes as you burn 'em up.
This is our 8th season and you will not believe the $$$ you will save over the long haul burning pellets, vs. oil or gas. Make sure you have a good back up generator plan, should the power go out. The forecast is a bitter cold winter and snow for NE.

Went to Hearthside Fireplace and Patio in Warwick, RI. The customer service was second to none. I would recommend them to anyone. I also went to Wakefield Fireplace (Wakefield, RI) and wasn't impressed. The salesman that 'helped' me smelled of alcohol at 2pm and wasn't very knowledgeable. I may be a chick, but I do my research....so you better know your stuff!!!

Bought my wittus stove from Sean the owner at hearthside. He was great. Where r you getting barefoots in ri? I live in Cumberland. 3 rd year burning.

Bought my wittus stove from Sean the owner at hearthside. He was great. Where r you getting barefoots in ri? I live in Cumberland. 3 rd year burning.
Vineyard Rd. Landscaping in Warwick has Barefoots at $289/ton +$50 delivery. This is the vendor that Hearthside recommends. I'm still not sure if I will go all out for the Barefoots or get Dry Creek premium for a place in Narragansett. I am a little torn-do I go for the best (Barefoots) my first season in and wait till next year to experiment or get the Dry Creek Premiums which I am told will be fine? So many choices!

Reactions: will711
You got a Harman they are not to picky about what you feed them, the lower quality pellets tend to be more ashy which = cleaning more often.
Congrats on your new stove ,welcome to the show and remember pics or it never happened;)

Reactions: Tdamico
Vineyard Rd. Landscaping in Warwick has Barefoots at $289/ton +$50 delivery. This is the vendor that Hearthside recommends. I'm still not sure if I will go all out for the Barefoots or get Dry Creek premium for a place in Narragansett. I am a little torn-do I go for the best (Barefoots) my first season in and wait till next year to experiment or get the Dry Creek Premiums which I am told will be fine? So many choices!

frederickson farm in scituate have vermonts for $275 pick up and $295 delivered...lots of people are liking those best

I believe I am ready to pull the trigger.....Vermonts and Dry Creeks. I just need to piss and get off the pot!!;lol

Reactions: will711
Somersets $279/ton at Hot Tub Fireplace in Wauregan, CT. Too far to deliver to me-but I know a lot of people like them!

Reactions: pelletdude
Status
Not open for further replies.