Rika (Austroflamm Integra II) Runs hotter than expected on 0%

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Acemann5

Oct 23, 2017
Harford
This is my second Integra II, and I also have an Integra FS. I've been heating with these stoves for 10 years or so, but this new one runs a lot "more" on 0% than my other two stoves. 0% on this stove is similar to ~15% - 20% on my other two stoves. It's cooking me out haha!

I've seen there are parameters for service personell for the FU1 and FU2 fuel trims. Does anyone know how I can access these menus to be sure these fuel trims are at the default levels? My stove was manufactured in 2006 with a software version of 1.37.

Thx everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a copy of the installation manual with the codes to access the setup. Give me a couple days, I think its in the office. will make a pdf..

I should have updated months ago. I learned how to get into the service menus. My stove indeed had been changed from the defaults as I expected. I changed it back and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been unable to locate the old pdf, it must have gone the way of the do-do bird when I lost a hard drive on my notebook. I have a printout in file cabinet, will scan it when I'm home and post it somehow.

Ed N

This is the quick reminder-"This is done by pressing menu 8 times (cycles through the 7 days of the week), then when you see PS in the top line of the display, press enter until you see "FU" in the top line. If the current value is 1, use the plus button to change it to 2. Press enter to lock it in, menu 2 times to exit back out. This change is immediate and will increase the base RPM of the combustion fan roughly 27% and change the self cleaning cycle to every 45 minutes. In most cases this solves the problem. This may be what the tech referred to as an airflow sensor adjustment ." but here is the manual.-https://woodstoves.net/documents/Rika/Integra-OperatingGuide.pdf

Good Morning,
I am hoping to piggy back off this thread, I have some questions related to Austroflamme Integra II. Forgive me for the long post.

I recently bought a house with a v1.36 AFII model, and so far it has been workin great for my first time using pellets.

I bought a premium quality pellet and ran about 20 bags through but noticed that the burn pot would fill with pellets and have black hard soot(not ash) stuck to inside. The other issue was that I was getting an ER4 code. I couldn’t find much reference to this so I contacted RIKA and they theorized it was an airflow sensor or seal problem.

I replaced door seals and decided to wait on sensor, then i saw a recommendation to switch to FU2 mode which i did.

I now have a cleaner burn pot, and no more ER4 code. My guess is the clogged burn pot would impede airflow?

Anyways my questions now are:
Does a higher convection fan speed lead to increased fuel consumption rate?
Does increased convection speed lead to decreased heat output?
What type of fuel is considered “low quality” that FU 2 would be necessary?

Convection blower speed is not a factor in the air flow through the burn pot, it is the room/ducted warm air from the stove. Make sure your chimney vent is clean and all the passages through the stove are clean. Combustion blower is the one that moves air through the burn pot and stove out the vent and is a direct contributor to the burn characteristics of the stove. Clean stoves are happy stoves. ;)

Reactions: johneh
Convection blower speed is not a factor in the air flow through the burn pot, it is the room/ducted warm air from the stove. Make sure your chimney vent is clean and all the passages through the stove are clean. Combustion blower is the one that moves air through the burn pot and stove out the vent and is a direct contributor to the burn characteristics of the stove. Clean stoves are happy stoves. ;)

Thank you for your reply. I feel dumb because I wrote convection but I actually meant combustion. The previous poster wrote that combustion speed increases 27% so my questions about heat output and fuel consumption were regarding that. Sorry!

No harm done lol
:)

a higher combustion speed will burn the fuel available faster. Thus needing to feed more
An increase of convection speed doesn’t necessarily mean decrease of heat output. It means it is transferring more of the heat the burn produces into the area it is heating and may drop in total temp a few degrees.
Quality of fuel would be on a user’s experience. Testing diff brands will help find what works the best in you stove.