RIP Pallet shed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
The $30 pallet shed is coming down today after 3 years of honorable service:

New004.jpg

I don't have a more recent picture-this was from the day it was finished. When I first built it, a poster here remarked that pallets joined together with 2 x 4s would snap like twigs when 5 cords of green wood was stacked in the shed. That never happened, but let's just say the shed is looking a little crooked these days ;) The pallet shed will be given an honorable sendoff by being burned/reused for the next project. Its coming down to make way for this:

Rendering_zpsc1017f4f.jpg

16' x 24' Mini-barn with a lean-to built alongside. The whole area will be covered with crushed stone and I'll stack on pallets underneath the overhang. At 5' wide and 24' long it should give me just over 5 and 1/2 cords of storage if I stack 6' high. I've been planning this project ever since we moved in five years ago and I just got the permits approved yesterday. I started a build thread here:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/mini-barn-build.127235/

Status
Not open for further replies.