S&P 500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Positive Year to Date! Woohoo!

FDF31144-0920-425A-A8FF-C485F798B196.png

Yeah, I know year to date info is only the past 9 days, but I’m trying to feel good about it. Lol

Reactions: Highbeam
Last year was rough.

Last year was rough.
You aren't exaggerating, I just got my Roth quarterly statement.... I feel like it's been "treading water" for the last four years.

That's a shame. I was actually doing extremely well year over year, until 2022. Unfortunately, my hand was forced on making one very big withdraw from a prior employer's retirement plan, and the timing was extremely bad for it. Cost me nearly a full year's salary in losses.

The S&P 600 (small cap) is doing better at 2.46% YTD. It's up almost 100% since the pandemic started.

I switched mostly to dividend stocks in my eTrade account and fortunately have not taken too big of a hit with all the turmoil. This is my mad money fund. My managed accounts faired worse, but they too are dividend centric and have recovered most of the past year's losses. It's not exciting, but steady income production in retirement is more important than killer gains.

Reactions: Ashful