Sawbuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stelcom66

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2014
Connecticut
Should have done this a long time ago. Had enough of stepping on a log on top of a round to secure it while cutting, or cutting while they were still in a pile. The first stud is shorter to allow the chainsaw to get in closer to the end.

Attachments

• Sawbuck.jpg
    Sawbuck.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 117
Nice job! I built pretty much the same thing a year ago--damn useful--Keeps me from doing stuff with a saw that is just stupid.

Thanks - and yea been there, done that with doing stupid things with the saw!

I kept thinking the weight part of the log being cut needs to overhang and fall on the ground (hence the stepping on it method) - but no,
after using this I realized it's the way to go. It just took me a while to get out of that mindset.