Sawdust found on c/s/s elevated pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
The top is sealed, clearly some bug/beetle is gnawing at the pile, which is about 8ft from garage, should I be concerned? d56a86392b0d52957208ef7e58eef6f2.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Guessing powder post beetle . . . looks from the photo to possibly be fine grained sawdust. I wouldn't worry too much.

Reactions: excessads
I posted a similar thread a couple months back, whatever the bugs are they love getting into my black and honey locust. But it's not something that has gotten any worse. seems to be what you see is what you get.

Reactions: excessads
I agree powder post beetles, mine have an appetite for Hickory. Can't do much about them, they'll burn nicely this winter.