Saying good bye to your best friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
My dog Schatzi, a rescue GSD mix, helped keep me sane when I was having huge issues with my bones and muscles due to hyperparathyroidism (creates bone pain and muscle cramps due to calcium imbalances). Having to get her out for walks helped then and still helps with the legacy of back pain from 7 or 8 years of an untreated condition. It's my turn for payback now as she just had a TPLO due to knee damage and she has to gradually rebuild the muscle strength in her leg and control her activity so she doesn't overdo it. She loves where we live as she gets to track bunnies, fox, squirrels, deer, etc.

I am really sorry for your loss Fish on. I lost my dog to distemper 2 years back. It was very hard. We nursed him for a whole month but he didn't make it. We finally buried him in the garden. The first few days will be hard but trust me you will feel better after sometime. I will remember you in my prayers. Be happy with all the beautiful memories you had with your dog.