Saying hello!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Freethinker

Dec 21, 2016
Upstate NY
I've been lurking for awhile and I finally pulled the trigger on a RSF Opel. I'm putting on the forced hot air add on to heat the basement and maybe in the future duct it to the rear of the house.

Basically, my first stove experience and I'm going to learn as I go.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to surround the unit with yet (engineered stone, mantel/no mantel, maybe even magra hearth)

I'll get back with more pictures and updates.
20171015_182401.jpg20171015_122347.jpg

From what i can recall, that Opel is a pretty reliable old dog. Wishing you years of a good companion.

Welcome to hearth.com.

Thanks everyone!

So aside from the wifes assignment, to just look on pinterest, what is a good place to research different ideas for mantels/hearths?

Id prefer to not second guess design decisions down the road.

thanks!

I might suggest doing a search here for hearths . . . or simply create a new thread asking for folks to post pics of their hearths. Some are incredibly beautiful.