Scored more locust!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Went over to my parents for a bonfire tonight, noticed a locust that was split bad down the middle. This was split from where the trunks split at 6' down to the ground. First drop was easy, second was a little hairy. Should be about 2 cord or so. Glad I had my saw in the truck. Only had enough light to drop it. Will go bck later to buck it up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365387332.535533.jpg

Big locust!
2 cords is awesome.

More bon fire wood too :)

Yes my lil brother there made the comment that now he'll have lots of bonfire wood. I just looked at him and said thats all going to my house. I'll bring you all the maple you want to replace it.

Nice score Swags, trade you some White Pine, yes did I tell you I'm all heart!==c

Reactions: ScotO and swagler85
Nice score Swags!

Yes my lil brother there made the comment that now he'll have lots of bonfire wood. I just looked at him and said thats all going to my house. I'll bring you all the maple you want to replace it.

I have found that lesser trees make better campfire/bonfires anyhow. Everybody wants to see the flame, hear the crackle, feed the fire, etc. The harder woods make heat, not purdy fires.==c

I have found that lesser trees make better campfire/bonfires anyhow. Everybody wants to see the flame, hear the crackle, feed the fire, etc. The harder woods make heat, not purdy fires.==c

Agreed . . . heck, sometimes I'll put some white pine, eastern white cedar or poplar in my woodstove just fot the snap, crackling and pops . . . I am easily amused.

I have found that BL stinks for bonfires cuz it burns too long. You don't get the fun of reloading the fire all night.

Reactions: ScotO
Swags if you use that locust for bonfires, I'm coming out there and kicking your ass!!:mad:
Seriously, great score. And a big +1 on switching the locust and maple....not to mention that locust will stink and who wants to cook hotdogs on a stinky fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.