scroungers, have you ever done this??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Oslo heats my home

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2010
South Shore, MA
Tree service logs that are stacked and ready for pickup and not on private property. I am on a jobsite where 3 24" oaks were taken down and stacked. I assume the grapple truck would be there the next day. I ran it by the boss and went over and bucked all 3, loaded them up on 2 trucks making 2 trips and took em home. Part of me feels guilty and part of me not. I'm heating my home with it.

Reactions: NYLumberjack914
Did the bossman have the right to give the logs away?

Did the bossman have the right to give the logs away?
yes and no. the tree guys were contracted to cut down and remove. when asked, he didn't care as long as I took it all away.

Yeah, that really is a sketchy call by your boss....

If the situation goes bad, betcha your boss starts looking for you and the express bus to throw you under....

Have I ever stolen wood? No.

Seems pretty darn sketchy to take stacked up logs.

Reactions: woodsmaster
We're all just jealous;lol

maybe a little questionable, but I'm sure that tree service gets plenty of logs....

maybe a little questionable, but I'm sure that tree service gets plenty of logs....

That's almost like saying I have more than enough wood for this winter in my backyard, so taking some off the pile is ok :mad:

I agree, questionable at best.

it was a sketchy situation. im not sure what the agreement that was made with my super and the tree folks. bottom line was they needed to be gone, the space was to be used for parking lot. I'm glad I asked and the timing was right. im sure 3 trees did not break the tree co.

I think it boils down to who hired the tree service. Was it your company? If so, I think you're OK. My experience with tree companies is that they cut down the trees, and you still own the wood [if you want it]. If not, they'll haul it away. But the owner gets the right of first refusal. If your company is in charge of the jobsite and is the one that brought in the tree service, then I don't think it's a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.