Scrounging Rules

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that "Scrounging Rules!" would make a good bumper sticker!

Peace,
- Sequoia

sullystull said:
Lazy Flame said:
That rock salt link is Myth Buster worthy, very interesting. I learned some things from that one. Good call.

Near here is the Charles Dean National Forest. It's 13,000 acres of NF and there's only ONE ranger for the entire area. He can't keep ppl from tearing up the sites near the road much less the hundred some ppl who thive wood from the property lines. In fact he said that was not one of his major concerns compared to illegal hunting, trapping, pot fields and meth labs

If it's National Forest, they can apply for a $20 permit and take it legally.

News to me! Good to know. I might ask around about that. Thanx.

Me and my Scrounging partner experienced wood rage from an discruntall scrounger . Picture this state was clearing the sides of the highway the on ramp by my house was easy pickins the state had there guys there with flashers so people could pick it up dream come true me and buddy pull up with our trucks and start a guy (45-50yrs old) 25 feet away starts yelling at us that all the wood where we where was his, the wood was where it fell on the hill side of state property I told him there's plenty to go around he yells what the %&%#!!!!! thats mine!! I started laughing and move over a little the state guys where laughing at him to and he was loading all the swamp maple when we move we got oak and hard maple ,black birch after I loaded our trucks I made sure I helped a older gentle man who was on our side get a full load and 2 other people the whole time this guy was staring us down hard . I always help other people load up if they need it this guy gives scroungers a bad name the moral for me is there's plenty to go around and don't be that guy...... We got 2 trucks each 3 blocks from my house he got a cord I got a little over a half

Redburn said:
Me and my Scrounging partner experienced wood rage from an discruntall scrounger . Picture this state was clearing the sides of the highway the on ramp by my house was easy pickins the state had there guys there with flashers so people could pick it up dream come true me and buddy pull up with our trucks and start a guy (45-50yrs old) 25 feet away starts yelling at us that all the wood where we where was his, the wood was where it fell on the hill side of state property I told him there's plenty to go around he yells what the %&%#!!!!! thats mine!! I started laughing and move over a little the state guys where laughing at him to and he was loading all the swamp maple when we move we got oak and hard maple ,black birch after I loaded our trucks I made sure I helped a older gentle man who was on our side get a full load and 2 other people the whole time this guy was staring us down hard . I always help other people load up if they need it this guy gives scroungers a bad name the moral for me is there's plenty to go around and don't be that guy...... We got 2 trucks each 3 blocks from my house he got a cord I got a little over a half

Lol, great tale. U know it's an issue when they start dueling w/chainsaws!

Status
Not open for further replies.