"seasoned wood"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[. . One person is burning the wood I cut/split a few weeks ago and they said its too dry/burns too fast.

Yeah thats what I do to slow my fires down/ lengthen burn times, burn green wood. LOL ;)

TS

Haha firefighter Jake my avatar pic is from a little island in Thailand. I would love to go back right now and forget about all this burning stuff.

My Lord, that is an actual pic of an actual place. I thought it was some sort of painting/drawing. Man, to see stuff like that is just incredible. All I get to see here on the eastern shore is brown water.

My Lord, that is an actual pic of an actual place. I thought it was some sort of painting/drawing. Man, to see stuff like that is just incredible. All I get to see here on the eastern shore is brown water.

I was about to click the "Like" button because I thought this post was funny . . . but then I thought that would be just plain mean . . . some day . . . some day . . . it took me a while but after watching a number of House Hunters International episodes and seeing that azure blue water from the Caribbean my wife and I decided to escape the cold and snow for a little over a week just to see that water . . . well that and the ability to walk around in shorts in February and be perfectly warm. One day . . . just keep telling yourself one day!

I take it oak would be a good thing to steer clear of unless I plan to set it aside for a a year or two? How do other hardwoods season are they generally good after a year?

Yeah, one year and in most cases you should be fine . . . go two years though and your mind may be blown!

Yep it sure is a real place! Absolutaly beutiful. FFJake you can never go wrong with the carribean a great place to spend the winter months

Status
Not open for further replies.