Second chance shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, pretty sure another 2 or 3 cord will end up in there before I am done cleaning up the heap.

Attachments

• 121711 heap.jpg
    121711 heap.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 178
I have a decent sized space in the barn for uglies - kids and I call it the ugly pile. I don't see the sense in not burning the uglies in the stove during shoulder season - just keeps the good wood lasting longer. Cheers!

I just throw my uglies on top of the stacks....they get burned throughout the season during the day when i don't need longer burns.

I can't believe that you pack your stove that much. WOW!!! I'll have to try that to see if I get better coals in the morning. I have a trailer full of shorts and uglies that need to get burned. Sounds like a good way to use them. Thanks for the picture.

wannabegreener said:
I can't believe that you pack your stove that much. WOW!!!

The Blaze King has exceptional burn control. Not sure what stove you have or what your shorts and uglies are so be careful when loading it up like a pellet hopper. If I did this with our other stove, it would probably over fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.