Secondary Air Tube Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmk1956

Oct 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Have a Jotul C350 Winterport (about 5 years old). For the first time the secondary air tube is popping out. Any one have this issue? And any suggestions. looking at tube seems to be ok.

Which, the forward one? Assuming so check that the baffles seated properly and the positioning pin is mating to the hole in the tube itself. Other than that I don't know what else it could be. Can you take a photo?

Yes the foward one that "washes" the glass window. I have checked the position pin. I will check the baffle plates. Thank you........

I have had this problem with my C350. I found it is caused when the two baffles are not seated in place properly with the front grooves on top of secondary air tube and the positioning pin not properly in place. The baffles also must be seated in place on the sides, backs, and in the center; if you move them a bit they will slide into place and it will be easily noticed.

From my experience, this usually happens when a split hits the baffles when I'm trying to really pack the firebox. Hopefully that helps a bit.

Thank you for feed back, looked and I think thats it. Agreed trying to stuff the fire box and may have created the problem.

Again thanks......

Status
Not open for further replies.