security cam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Who is using the Blink outdoor security cams? Wondering on how oy like them and how reliable they are? I currently have a wyze cams that i have had for a few years and yesterday i noticed things missing off the porch. Reviewed my cam and found out that they removed a lot of features and you now have to pay for the plus version to get them back> so it never caught the motion of the person but it caught the motion of everything else in the back yard just nothing to do with people... I can even see in the vid clips the suff is their in one vid and gone in the next.. Not to happy about this.. Glad i moved my smoker inside the shop..

Does the blink outdoor cams come with the mounts or are those separate? Also debating on getting 2 outdoor cams like i have now or 1 doorbell and one outdoor?

I've had a handful of the outdoor Blink cameras around our property, mostly for wildlife, but also on two doors. They have been extremely reliable, with no issues.

A basic mount comes with each camera; you can buy a more robust mount for $10 or so per camera.

The Blink smartphone app gives you a pretty immediate notification of motion sensing.

Personally, I would keep the camera and bell separate. The newer outdoor Blinks come with two-way comms capabilities, so you could put one by the door and use it just like a camera doorbell.

Occasionally the Blinks are sold at substantial discount on woot.com.

Ya i went with the blink 2 camera system and so far i find it much better than the old system in both picture quality and ease of use of the app..
Yes those are definitely a basic mount.. hoping they hold together until the replacements come in i can just see in the cold weather a little movement and they will snap. I see they make a mount for the window as well. was thinking on getting one of those and mounting on the shop door...

Even the connection to the wifi is much stronger that my old wyze system. Where i have them mounted i would barley get signal on the old system but these blink's are at full strength.