See more problems now.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
3-4 years ago when I bought my englander pdvc, they were highly recommend and I don't recall seeing problem after problem being posted with them.
Now, they should have their own thread I see so many problems / complaints.
What is going on. ?

Reactions: chken
More ppl getting pellet stoves and finding this site is the most likely scenario.

More ppl getting pellet stoves and finding this site is the most likely scenario.

Exactly, I bet they outsell most others by a huge margin. This reminds me of all the camshaft problems people were complaining about 15 years ago. Anyone who tinkers with cars can remember when CompCams got labeled as a bad but when the facts came out, they sold about 1000% more cams than any other company so that along with more amateur DIYers who didn't know what they were doing made it look much worse than it was.

I don't get the parallel between a camshaft and a pellet stove........:eek:

My Englander served me well for the 10 yrs. I owned it but I got tired of replacing parts every year and decided it was time for something different but as many Englander issues you may read I'm sure there are many trouble free stoves you don't read about.

If you look threw the conversarions on here you also see a lot of Harman issues.. So are you gonna say Harman is a pos as well? Englanders are a low budget easy to work on yourself stove.. I think if you keep on top of maintenance and keep it clean it will be a good stove...

Every design has it's strong points and weak points but one thing they all share is mechanical components that wear out and need constant maintenance so if you aren't willing to maintain them, might as well just heat with your central furnace (that needs maintenance as well I might add).....

IMO, they are all good.

In most cases only people w/ stove problems, whether operator error or otherwise, are going to post. Maybe someone should start a stove brag thread...

If you look threw the conversarions on here you also see a lot of Harman issues.. So are you gonna say Harman is a pos as well? Englanders are a low budget easy to work on yourself stove.. I think if you keep on top of maintenance and keep it clean it will be a good stove...

Who said anything about anyone or any stove being a POS?

Not saying pos per say... Its like saying what is better ford or chevy? All stoves have issues at one point or another.. High temps and Electric motors never get along well, and things happen..

Love my Englander's. I want another. Anyone have a PDV they wish to donate?

Love my Englander's. I want another. Anyone have a PDV they wish to donate?

I have an ex wife I can donate.............

I have an ex wife I can donate.............

He wants heat, not ice! :p

10462935_10152535746084063_5709034844411285201_n.png

Reactions: CladMaster
Status
Not open for further replies.