Seeing that kitty glowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2010
North MS
Man was it great to get to see that kitty glowing lastnight in that Fireview! We are having some abnormally cool weather for this time of the year so I couldn't resist building a fire. I have been cutting wood off and on all summer and a lot this Fall so it was really great to get to feel the second warming from all my hard work. I know you folks in the North get to start this early every year, but it will only last a couple days for us then back into the 70s during the day. We had a light frost this morning so should have been around 36 or so.

Ah yes, that first glowing cat is a sure sign that Winter is on the way. Those cooler outside temps probably feel great after the long hot Summer you had down there.

No early start up here. We hit 80 early last week and even tomorrow we may see 70. Overnight lows still in the 50s. At this rate I might not use the stove until after Thanksgiving.

Send some of that cold air back this way. I'm getting sick of the warm/sticky weather.....

Good to hear that is does sometimes cool off down south.

Status
Not open for further replies.