seeking recomandation for stihl pro saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenster said:
I have a brand new MS390 with a 16 inch chain that has been sitting in the box for almost three weeks untouched because I've been out of town a lot. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm hoping it will be a little bit of an improvement over my little Craftsman. Ya think?

If I had to use a craftsman on this, I would run away.

This came down durring a storm. It took out the power to 50 homes where everyone was watching the last 15 minutes of the US vs Canada Olympic Hocky game. They had to read about who one in the paper the next day.

Oh well, we got 6 cords, a back ache and two weekends shot to hell.

Attachments

• BigOak.compressed.jpg
    BigOak.compressed.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 259
I am still itching to trade up to a 660, so I'll make ya a deal on my MS440 Magnum. I made the mistake of shopping while wearing a tie. Salespaople can be stewpid :smirk:

Make me an offer.

440 is anice saw the same weight as a 290 only its like 5.3 hp .........Fun saw to cut with

If you are going to consider saws in the Stihl MS440 class, I would recommend you try to locate a close-out deal on the Husqvarna 372XP. Along with various Stihl's, at least that Husky is considered to rank way up in the category we call "The Best". Like the Stihl's, it is highly recommended by many professional sawyers. Good Luck, John_M

John_M said:
If you are going to consider saws in the Stihl MS440 class, I would recommend you try to locate a close-out deal on the Husqvarna 372XP. Along with various Stihl's, at least that Husky is considered to rank way up in the category we call "The Best". Like the Stihl's, it is highly recommended by many professional sawyers. Good Luck, John_M

I know one fellow that owns a tree service and climbs. He has a bunch of saws but the one he likes best is a 372XP with a 24 bar. I watched him last fall take down to hand cart size a 70' silver maple that was close to 5' across at the base it only took him about 2 hours I simply could not believe how quick that saw tore thru the tree. Funny just about all the other saws he has are Stihls.

Status
Not open for further replies.