Setting Up My Storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman

Hearth Supporter
May 21, 2008
NH
I will try again. I have a 500 gallon and 250 gallon propane tank. They are ready for welding. Can someone please tell me how they should be connected. What size ( how many)should I have the welder weld tappings on so the plumber can use them? I will have the 250 on top of the 500 on saddles. At this point my thinking is this.

The 500 gallons tank was an underground tank and has a big pipe coming from the top. I am going to connect the two tanks using this. Then a 2 inch tapping coming for the top tank and a 2 inch tapping in the bottom tank.

Is this right?

There was not much response to my last post.

Birdman said:
There was not much response to my last post.

It's August - not a whole lot of people online just now.

You'll want to make sure that you can supply / draw water from the top of the top tank and the bottom of the bottom tank. A dip tube is often used to get to the bottom of the bottom tank. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.