Should I even say it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I shouldn't complain then, its in the negative teens here with wind chill.

Attachments

• ADICURRENTS.jpg
    ADICURRENTS.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 365
Friend called last night from Hayward Wi. -20 there and I'm jealous. We are just above 0 and have about 5" of new snow. Finally winter comes!

Dave we hit a low of -15 according to our outdoor thermometer last night brrrr and loving It. The temps are finally getting more like winter and letting me test our new stove :) It is times like this you can say thank god for the wood stove!

Pete

Eat some more chili Dave.

You bring up a good point, although a subtle one. This cold weather just wears you down.

I used to work up on the North Slope out in the weather, whatever it was, and I could tell what it would be like outside before I opened my eyes in the morning. When the temperatures plummeted, I had a hard time waking up and getting out of bed in the morning.

Years later, I still find it's harder to go about your daily routine, and when I get home from work (and I work in an office now), I just want to kick back for the evening. Not much juice left in the batteries.

I believe that we have some deep wiring that tells us that when it's cold out, we should hunker down, sleep a lot, and stay put. Four-day workweeks make sense to me.

I think you're right snow. I awoke this a.m. feeling less than willing and looked at the thermometer to find -7 °F .
Now, I know that's not cold to you, but it's a bit chilly. Forecast called for 7 °F , but they forgot the - sign. :lol:
If I hadn't loaded the stove well last night, the house would have felt like an icebox this a.m., and I would have been grumpy for a minute.

Sat. morning was better-only -35f on the thermometer. Sun. morning will be even better! The wind is howling right now.

p.s. Dennis-I have the makings for chili on the kitchen counter ready to go!

PapaDave said:
. . . and I would have been grumpy for a minute.

Not even possible . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.