Shutting Down for the Summer Months

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I wouldn't want sixteen teenagers either. I have gotten one through those years. Three more to go. Is there an app for that yet? Or one for the wife?

So, relivant to the post title......... I've heared of people putting a 40 or 60 watt light in the boiler for the summer to keep the mositure away. I'm too cheap for that. I'm going to stick to the WD40, as it keeps the rust away, and has no effect on the firts fire in the fall, no explostions or anything.

BTW if I heat my 115 gallons of indirect to 175 (easy to do) it lasts my wife and I for 3 days, and I do like my long showers. I've really been thinking of putting 200' of polyethelene pipe in the attic, and circulating that through the indirect coil. An aquastat in the attic set to say 90::F and a bronze circulator.... I wonder if anyone has tried this "poor man's solar". Seems like a better idea than putting the pipe on the roof, but I don't know if it'd pick up much heat. Useing the indirect coil would avoid the condensation factor that running the potable water directly through the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.