SIB ENTERPRISES, INC. Jay Maine Pellet Dealer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
Have had an order set up with him for a few weeks said he would deliver October 10th for 4 ton of MWP and 2 Okies Filled his truck. Tonight he said

due to the high demand in orders and my delivery schedule, I will not be able to deliver to Cutler on the 10th of this month. It's a 4 hour drive one way and I would end up losing an entire day of deliveries to make this happen.

Wants to change to early November sometime

Hes the one that offered free statewide delivery not me

i am completely out of pellets and have been waiting for Sundays delivery

Bad Business

I would contact him, and remind him that HE was the one that offered the "free statewide delivery", and that you had a delivery set-up. Make him stay true to his word. Regardless what he says, he knew what the delivery entailed, time-wise.

BTW, do you have any other pellet "options" you can fall back on? If so, maybe a casual mention of that to him will "motivate" him? Or is this his way of hoping you'll cancel and he doesn't have to make the 4 hr drive?

I remember your post a while back and was suprised that he offered state-wide delivery....Maine is a pretty big place.

think he just wants me to cancel but he did say

I appreciate your order and would be more than happy to re-schedule for early November once things slow down a bit here, but at this time, I am not able to accomodate you for the October 10th date. Please accept my apologies. I will understand if you choose not to pursue the later delivery, but will definitely honor the price you locked in at if you choose to have it delivered later.

I know local stores sell the maine woods pellet for 260 when i was getting them from him for 200 WOW is all i can say

I just offered to meet him half way as i work with a 28 foot box truck

I must have been lucky. I only ordered one ton form him. He came the day he said he would. I live in the Augusta area. I think his problem was that state wide offer. When he delivered to me, I asked him about how he was dealing with deliveries up north. He said he wan't taking ordes for up there as it was too far to be profitable. Like so many other small bussiness, there is a learning curve. I think he should go on his web site and designate just what his delivery situation is.
If he is selling again next year, I would buy from him. Product is clean, dry and the price was really good. He didn't ask for any upfront money. IT was C.O.D He unloaded it one bag at a time and neatly stacked it in my garage.

I totally understand where hes coming from, but he should of never offered it. HE told me he would only do it if i ordered 3 ton minimum, I ordered 3 ton Mwp and 2 ton of Okies and my friend ordered 1 ton of mwp To fill his truck.

IF he tells someone hes going to deliver on a date he should have to stick to it

Im sure i could find a ton of something around here for under 250 to get me by untill November but what if November comes around and he does the same thing to me.

I even offered to borrow a forklift to have here so he wouldn't have to unload my 5 ton by hand

I offered to meet him on my scheduled delivery day at a halfway point. He replies he has a delivery at that halfway pooint on the 19th and could meet me then.

HMM i ordered a whole truck 6 pallets. So he can go to this half way point in Ellsworth Maine to deliver obviously less then a full load, but he cant come another 2 hours or meet me in the halfway point with my FULL Load?

This guy is over his head and not very good business practice.

I want to say he has agreed to have someone meet me at the halfway point with my order on my original due date

Thank God

Seems like a decent guy just the statewide thing and not knowing how far away i really was got him.

Soon ill have my 5 ton

Chris04626 said:
I want to say he has agreed to have someone meet me at the halfway point with my order on my original due date

Thank God

Seems like a decent guy just the statewide thing and not knowing how far away i really was got him.

Soon ill have my 5 ton

Glad to hear he did what he agreed to do.

Keep warm!

Hope you have mechanical device to help transfer your 5 tons of pellets. He delivered my pellets off a flatbed trailer unloaded by hand. Your pellets may be keeping you warm before you even get them home! Glad you will be able to get your pellets on time. Good luck!

yeah iknow i have a 28 foot ox truck with a tailgate lift and a pallet jack

Dont know if ill be able to lower my tailgate to his truck bed and haul them over wit hthe jack or not

IF not we will be transfering by hand 6 ton 5 for me and 1 for my friend

Chris04626 said:
yeah iknow i have a 28 foot ox truck with a tailgate lift and a pallet jack

Dont know if ill be able to lower my tailgate to his truck bed and haul them over wit hthe jack or not

IF not we will be transfering by hand 6 ton 5 for me and 1 for my friend

when he delivered to me he had a flat bed car hauler type trailer. He had a ramp and pallet jack and rolled them right into my garage. I'd find a nice paved parking lot you could roll your pallet jack on to do the transfer.

met him last night my truck has a lfit tailgate so we lowered the gate down to his trailer and rolled them on 4 ton of MWP and 2 Oakies Unfortualtey one of his straps broke o nthe way and slashed like 5 bags of the Okies open HE went back and got 2 bags and credit me for 3

Chris04626,

Glad to read that you received your pellets.

Some folks where I work have been doing business with the Jay, Maine, pellet dealer for a few years and found him to be fair and honest.

I believe that he just over extended himself with his state wide delivery offer, so it was more than good of you to meet him part way.

Be sure to let us know how you like the the Maine Woods and whether you mix them with the Okies during the colder months or go to straight Okies.

Also, I visited your Maine wreaths website. Very nice. Added it to favorites, so the wife can order from you.

Hope fellow pelletheads will treat themselves to a Maine made balsam wreath. None better!!

Regards,

Ranger

Have her put your screen name as her referrer and i will throw in a free wreath hanger

i can say i dont like ho the Okies are wrapped up just shrink wrap. I like the heavy duty bag on the mwp I think if the okies would of had that they wouldnt have broke open

Status
Not open for further replies.