Simpson Dura-Vent and Dura-Vent Pro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Nov 17, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Is the Dura-vent Pro replacing the standard Dura-Vent for pellet stoves or are they two separate lines? I saw on a web site that the 3" Dura-vent Pro Tee (3PVP-T) is a replacment for the 3067 Tee. If this is true can I mix Dura-vent and Dura-vent Pro in the same venting system?

I heard that duravent was going to be sold through big boxes and that the new duravent pro was going to be specialty retailer pipe. Things could have changed as this was news from March or thereabout. At any rate they're not interchangable. The pro is nice with only 1" clearance to combustibles.

I read that you don't have to use silicone caulk with the Pro vent. Is that basically the only difference between the two?

They tell you you can not connect them but Was told (by A duravent Employee) we can untill we get rid of the old.
AND WE HAVE BEEN
Some of the small parts like Elbows are a tight fit but they work.

That's good news. Thanks Rod. I bought enough of the Dura-Vent at an excellent price on Ebay to direct vent the stove, but now I'd like to add a Tee and at least 5' of vertical vent and I'm finding the best deals, price wise, on Dura-Vent Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.