Sirocco 25/ Ashford 25 insert with borderline chimney height?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Garfong

Dec 7, 2023
West Chester, PA
Hello all,
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a Sirocco or Ashford insert, but reading here it sounds like my chimney might be too short? It’s just shy of 17‘ to the floor. So I figure I’ll be just shy of 15’ from the top of the stove. I’m not sure if it will need a couple small bends or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_1234.jpeg IMG_1266.jpeg IMG_1244.jpeg IMG_1243.jpeg

What is the inside ID of the clay liner? ie will you insulate the liner? I wouldn’t instal a BK without it. With a top plate and cap you will.

Exceed minimum 15’. What is your elevation

Thanks for taking a look. The clay liner is about 12” x 6.25ish” wide. My elevation is about 350 feet.
Edit: The quote I received did say they would put in an insulated liner.

Aren’t the bends that a liner would take very gentle? If so, I would have a hard time counting them against your effective flue height.

If it's a straight shot, with no bends, then DuraLiner oval liner will work. If there are offsets, it will need insulated flex liner. The DuraLiner Extend-a-cap will add about a foot.

One of the quotes for 8k is broken down a lot (shroud, insulated liner, hearth extender, electrical materials, electrical labor, install/cleaning, stove). The other one is $4,700 for the stove, $1,900 for the liner, $1300 for the installation, and then they add tax.

The $13k is just a flat price without any itemization.