Site Sponsors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
Aug 2, 2006
Northern IL
Craig must have been a busy little beaver. For those that have not noticed, many new site sponsors and adds have been added to the site (Progressive Insurance anybody?).

Kudos Craig, that is one way to keep this site in good health (I won't comment on your own fiscal heath :cheese: )

Look around folks, there are still the old favorites like Super Cedars and Zoobler, but quite a few new ones. Please don't take this as a cheap sales ploy because I am sure there are many that aren't familiar with the time and expense that it takes to run a quality show. And this is one of the finest that I am familiar with.

Again, nice job Craig. Lets keep this ring of fire lit up.

{mods - please feel free to move this to any "more approriate" forum as you see fit}

he must be employing a googlebot that scours our posts for popular keywords (so insurance is common since people are asking about installs and insurance). Google can then show prospective advertisers where they should buy ads.

myzamboni said:
he must be employing a googlebot......

Yeah, I kind of figured that, but I don't blame him. I would.

Maybe with the increased revenue, the Moderators can finally get a raise. :coolsmile: Rick

In the interest of disclosure... is there a full list of sponsors anywhere?

-SF

There is a link to the list of official sponsors on the hearth.com home page. The advertisements that show up on the forum pages come from Google Adwords.

Looks like the main page has the google ads and other pages have the sponsor links.

I just added the google ads to an old site I have which gets quite a few hits off search engines. So far in a couple weeks I have made like $6. Tweaking it here and there and seeing it pick up more. Better than what I was getting out of it before, which was nothing.

myzamboni said:
he must be employing a googlebot that scours our posts for popular keywords... Google can then show prospective advertisers where they should buy ads.
Yes, the power of AdSense. The ads are targeted based on words scraped from the page. I was mod on a tech forum that had a chat window and members would "seed" AdSense with certain words to entertain themselves with the way off topic results. Funny to see dating ads on a tech forum.

When Craig first put the new forum software up and signed up for the Google gig a feminine hygiene product ad kept showing up for a while.

Super Cedars work better. Well, at least in a wood stove they do. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.