sizing of stove?? and pipe question!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spoolie25

Oct 18, 2017
north nj
so i decided to go with the englander stove problem i have is the stove is in the basment my up stairs is about 900 square foot my basment is about 500 . i am not sure if i should go with the 1800 or the 2400 model if i go with the bigger one i have to change some things around do to its depth. my house is very well insulated. next proble is piping can i use the triple wall stuff inside the house like off the stove to outside? made use one sigle wall pipe this way it will help me with clearnace a little more. the triple wall pipe you can run 2 inches away. but for the most part it will be 5 at the min. all and all if i can keep my house at 70 degress and use the oil heat every so offten i will be happy. thanks for all the help.