Skytech 5301 wireless thermostat Help for my Breckwell 23 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktfinch2000

Sep 13, 2008
Coventry, Rhode Island
Does anyone use this on there pellet stove? If so can someone guide me on the hookup and operation. I connected the reciever to the stove but its not working. Does it matter what wire goes to what connection or can they be reversed and still work? Any help would be great thanks in advance!

It's a switch so which wire goes where shouldn't matter. What's not working? Is it not turning on not turning off, working intermittently etc.?

Hi
From what I understand from breckwell is that all skytech remotes are 750 millivolt and the breckwell stove needs either a 250 or 500 millivolt thermostat for it to work properly. I really like the touch screen remote from skytech but I guess it won't work. IIf I put the stove in on/off mode the stove will fire up but it will not power off. If I put the stove in high/low mode the remote does not work at all. There goes my 125 bucks! thanks for the inquiry into my problem. :) :-S

The only thermostats that will work with the breckwell stoves are 250 or 500 milivolt. 750 will power the stove up but it wont shut it down as the person above me stated. and as for the wiring, there are two green towers in the back of the control panel and you unscrew the two screws and put the bare wires in them (doesnt matter which side) and screw down. Then your stove should work fine.

Hi Folks,

I have a breckwell p23 also and have a question regarding this millivolt thermostat designation. Typically, a thermostat is simply a switch closing a contact so what does the millivolt thermostat do differently? Can't I hook a programmable thermostat(battery powered) to my Breckwell and have it operate or is something else going on?

I have a honeywell programmable RTH230B that says it's compatible with all kinds of systems including millivolt systems. Will this work on my stove?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.