Small score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Driving down my road on the way home neighbor down the lane had a maple ( I think) taken down by a tree service. They left the entire thing by the road, and three trips 2 minutes down the road later, I got some good stuff. Will css this weekend. My guess is around half cord. When I was done it was getting dark. Sorry poor pics.

2012-03-05181927.gif

2012-03-05181948.gif

2012-03-05182010.gif

yep that's silver maple and you know what I say? Small score is better than no score!! Good daytime BTU's, I've got some in the stove as we speak. Makes good quick, hot fires.....Silver maple has it's place in every stack, if you ask me!

Good grab man!

I sense gnarly ones in that thar pile....

Gnarly ones indeed. They will get css just the same. If they gotta go into the fire pit, and I have to sit by it with an open beer... So be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.