Snow in Roanoke Va, now what?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver

Feb 1, 2014
Southwestern Va
Well they finally got it right 10-12" of snow, got my run finished and the18 wheeler home & parked just about an hour after it started. Looks like at least Friday at the earliest but more like Monday til I can fire her up again. Nothing to do now but lay on the couch by the wood stove with the coffee brewing. Can't see the wood I need to get stacked but possible 50 degrees next weekend. Perfect...

Reactions: osagebow
Glad you made it home safely. Enjoy the fire.

Reactions: Driver
Your rig's exactly where she belongs right now...as are you. Stay safe. Rick

Reactions: Driver
Being - 30 C or so the last 3 nights , plus 10 C or 50 F sounds pretty nice . Stay safe.

we ended up with about 15 inches over in Amherst. was quite a load for us , mostly dry snow which drifted up to a few spots where it was close to 3 ft deep at my house. glad you got to the house safe!

We ended up with about 20 inches here at the house in Bedford county. I drive tractor trailer locally (150 mile radius from Roanoke) for Pitt Ohio Express. Stoveguy I know our Lynchburg drivers deliver to England Stove in Madison Hts. We were able to do a little bit Friday but were rolling full speed ahead today. We may get caught up by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.