Snow totals in forecast just about doubled since yesterday!! Are we getting buried? Are you ready?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
News 9 NH latest forecast is a whooper!!! This is big!!!

Has anyone seen a different forecast for New England??

Will you do all your shoveling at the end of the storm or do it 2-3 times to make it easier???

Expected snow accumulation!
Pic 1 - News 9 NH weather forecast Sunday 3-12-2017
Revised snow totals!!!
Pic 2 - News 9 NH weather forecast Monday 3-13-2017
Pic 3 - Accuweather forecast

Attachments

• IMG_9231.PNG
    IMG_9231.PNG
    301.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9235.PNG
    IMG_9235.PNG
    300.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_9233.PNG
    IMG_9233.PNG
    309.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
We are definitely getting hammered; by snow. I haven't decided whether or no to make one or two rounds of it. I hate going out more than once, but sometimes two faster clearings is better than one major one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the wind. If the wind's not bad, two clearings are easier than one large one. But, the wind here is pretty strong most days, so tomorrow may be a day to stay in the house and look out the windows.

They've been predicting up to 2 feet here in southern Maine for about 4 days now. This is my third or fourth storm of close to 2 feet this winter...

system dropped 15" on us along the lake front counties. Alls quite at present- but..............
Another system behind this one later in week which might be all rain or mixed

Storm tracked west of LI at the last minute so less precip and warmer air so more rain. That dropped our expected accumulated snowfall from 12-18" to 6" or less. Still windy and right now it's wintry mix with a lot of sleet.

Not the most snow but between the wind and the ice hitting the windows this is the loudest storm I've heard in a while.

In north west NJ up in the foot hills, it looks like it will be all snow. I think there is a foot out there now. Up at my cabin in NE PA it's coming down in buckets. It looks like they will get 2 ft or more there. That will be Fridays problem.

I'm snow blowing twice, before it get to deep. That's the plan.

They say the storm track is now a little more westerly thru Boston and NH !!
Center of storm is not passing Boston until 8 pm tonight and very cold temps in the morning!!

Pic 1
Here is another map from WBAL TV ch 11 Baltimore!
Pic 2
latest forecast 2 pm 3-14-2017 ch 9 NH weather

Attachments

• IMG_9236.PNG
    IMG_9236.PNG
    276.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_9237.PNG
    IMG_9237.PNG
    303.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Hello

Got 1 foot and 7 more hours of heavy snow to go!

Laconia NH = 18.5 inches is the JackPot area!

Attachments

• IMG_9238.JPG
    IMG_9238.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_9240.JPG
    IMG_9240.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_9241.JPG
    IMG_9241.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_9243.JPG
    IMG_9243.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
We had about the same. I measured 16" 3 or 4 yesterday. I'm about ready to go clean up what blew in or fell last night. As I'm typing this my neighbor with the carb that needswork just fired up their snowblower. Nothing is worse than an engine that only runs like the choke is engaged.

Reactions: Don2222
18" at 1400 feet in Northern NH. A fair of drifting. Its actually a bit denser than I thought. Glad I picked up my Honda Snow blower last year It has its issues but nice to be able to throw the snow where I want it in a fairly tight cross section so the wind doesn't grab it as much.

That storm hooked away from the coast and is now being feed by the big lake with additional moist air- good luck all- becareful.

We had about the same. I measured 16" 3 or 4 yesterday. I'm about ready to go clean up what blew in or fell last night. As I'm typing this my neighbor with the carb that needswork just fired up their snowblower. Nothing is worse than an engine that only runs like the choke is engaged.

The used Honda hyrdostatic replaced a Husqvarna that had that "disease", the husky gulped fuel and in general I was spending way too much time overcoming crappy engineering. I ran it out of fuel and drained it every year plus used additives. The Honda is rated for ethanol fuel and has a really easy arrangement to drain the entire fuel system. I may not use it much but when I do its worth every dime I paid for it.

The storm passed, but I had one more surprise. Somehow the pull cord wwrapped around my axle. I noticed when I ran out of gas. I can use an extension cord and start it, but I was too ticked and decided to go inside.

Well, the electric starter didn't want to engage. I shoveled the rest of the driveway and then pulled the recoil starter off. It wasn't damaged so I restrung it and it started back up. The electric starter is a job for a warmer day... probably next fall.

That's one those I will wait till next fall which all of sudden becomes the first snow fall and it ain't repaired yet.

I got a foot on Tuesday...woke up to another foot wednesday...snow blew last night another 6-8.

Front yard is 24-30, back deck drifts over 4'.

I can see my grass. lol