So I get this call yesterday...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a nice lady who has had a disappointing experience with her new downdrafter wood stove that just won't seem to perform on her chimney. Her dealer has given up trying to get that stove to heat her house, and has offered to take it back.

She's looking for a replacement stove that is more powerful and easier to operate, and is interested in the Pacific Summit, but her nearest PE dealer is many miles away, and is asking $1,000.00 more than we are for the Summit with pedestal, ash drawer and blower.

Early in the conversation, she mentions that she has some trepidation about buying online, and has posted to the Forum to ask if anyone has experience with our company.

Visions of my old gray head being slam-dunked by some of the more fun-loving forum participants swimming in my brain, I start to stammer out something on the order of "that talking sheep is a liar." But she stops me, and reads a few of your comments aloud. Man, talk about a Sally Fields moment!

You good folks sold a stove for me yesterday, and Smokey Beaver will have a nice warm house at last. I thank you all for the recommendation.

We lied. :lol: Rick

Direct deposit wire transfer to the usual bank is fine.

Reading that thread was enough of a warm-fuzzy, I don't need a stove in the house: I just love seeing honesty and customer support still exists. Hat's off to you!

If I ever do get around to putting a stove in the house too; your site will be the first place I check...... a quick glance the other day had me drooling, but that will have to wait; at least with a stove in the workshop and not the house, I have bait to lure my wife out to help!

The Dali Lima said:
Please tell me she didn't use the name "Smokey Beaver"...

There goes my fingers cramping up again. :p

The Dali Lima said:

I have been waiting for two days for somebody to pick up on that. :lol:

So let's see . . . if you take the commission a salesman would get on the sale and divide it by the total number of Hearth.com members we would all end up with something like half a penny each? :) ;) Just kidding . . . Tom, your knowledge, website and customer testimonials speak volumes so no thanks is necessary . . . you have already shared so much with us here.

BrotherBart said:
The Dali Lima said:

Jags asked her about it in the other thread...as yet no response. I think it must be a reference to when Ward & June Cleaver's kid got too close to the stove. Rick

Good that she called you Tom, she'll be a happy camper with the new PE. How is she getting it installed?

BrotherBart said:
The Dali Lima said:

I knew you would catch it BB, especially when she asked if Tom was single. The temptation was great, but this is a family show. Sitting on my hands seemed the best thing to do.

Please tell me she didn’t use the name “Smokey Beaver"…

No, she didn't. Only dummies like me use their actual names in online forums. Her real name is Bounding Deer.

How is she getting it installed?

It'll be a slam dunk. Summits ship in components (firebricks, body, door, pedestal, ash kit and blower are all in seperate packages). Getting the body downstairs will require the participation of her husband with a hand truck, and everything else will pack down piece by piece. Once assembled, the Summit will stand on the same hearth and connect to the same 6" pipe as the stove it is replacing.

I really, really like good beer <hint,hint>

Jags, I poured you a Belgian Trippel, but you didn't drink it, so I took measures to ensure that it didn't go flat.

thechimneysweep said:

Jags, I poured you a Belgian Trippel, but you didn't drink it, so I took measures to ensure that it didn't go flat.

Thanks Tom, I didn't realize it was already poured or I would have been there. I would hate to see a Trippel get flat.

Jags said:
thechimneysweep said:

Thanks Tom, I didn't realize it was already poured or I would have been there. I would hate to see a Trippel get flat.

You can't drink a beer after your head explodes, anyway. %-P (Gotta love these parallel threads). Rick

You guys have a very high entertainment value !!! You're coming in handy when I need a break from the kitchen ;-)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
You guys have a very high entertainment value !!! You're coming in handy when I need a break from the kitchen ;-)

Wow, toms giving us beer and your cooking for us?? cant get any better than this.

Webmaster said:
I'm still looking for my take.....
:coolgrin:

Hey, who let you out of the ash can?? :lol:

Webmaster said:

You didn't do anything. It's a done deal. We sold a stove for Tom, and you just now showed up. Maybe Jags will split his beer with you. 8-/ Rick

fossil said:
Webmaster said:

You didn't do anything. It's a done deal. We sold a stove for Tom, and you just now showed up. Maybe Jags will split his beer with you. 8-/ Rick

Nope! :coolsmirk:

Well, the recommendations (and the price) sold me a chimney liner kit today. Look forward to getting my hands dirty, and my face, pants, shirt, carpet, dog and shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.