So, I Get To Deal With This Chimney Issue Tomorrow....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Yeah !!!! Not !!!

IMG_20170817_180921.jpg

IMG_20170817_180852.jpg

At least it's already lined :mad:

Chimney company here yesterday, husband & wife team (ya shouda seen that gal scramble up that ladder and onto the roof, I was impressed !!).

It seems that when I had the OB chimney relined, they resealed the top of the chimney, and never took into account the top plate / rain shield, and just sealed over it, which over time, caused rain to deteriorate the top of the chimney. They're coming back in September to rectify all of the issues.

I'll try to get the pictures they took whie they were up there, and repost.

Chimney company here yesterday, husband & wife team (ya shouda seen that gal scramble up that ladder and onto the roof, I was impressed !!).

It seems that when I had the OB chimney relined, they resealed the top of the chimney, and never took into account the top plate / rain shield, and just sealed over it, which over time, caused rain to deteriorate the top of the chimney. They're coming back in September to rectify all of the issues.

I'll try to get the pictures they took whie they were up there, and repost.
What did they miss exactly? Was this mentioned in the original estimate when they installed the liner? Most all Chimneys need work, just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they tried to take you for ride. If the work was quoted, then it should have been done though.

OB chimney was relined maybe 9 years ago.... company is no longer around.

I'm on my own on this one.