So my son got Lincoln logs for Christmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warno

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2015
illinois
Since I've been burning wood for heat this year my 3 year old son has been calling it "daddy cooking" or "daddy cooking sticks". My burning appliance is my boiler out the in boiler shed.

So with the Lincoln logs the first thing we built was a small building in which he started to pile the smallest pieces in while saying "cooking sticks". My little boy is acting like daddy more and more everyday. I couldn't be more proud.

Just thought I'd share with everyone my happiness. Anyone else have a proud moment to share?

Ha! That's an awesome story and for sure you should be proud! Congrats!

My son wore a shirt and tie to mass on Christmas Eve and he said "I am dressed like daddy". By all means, daddy wears shirts to work (soon back to uniform though) but I found it cute that he was able to observe and realize that. Kids notice things a lot more than we think!!

Andrew

Last week when I was at work my 3 yr old son told my wife to "open the front door, I have to meet daddy at work". She opened the door, he got his work boots on, packed his backpack with toys and took off up our really long gravel driveway. My wife played along and let him go, while keeping an eye on him from the window.
He turned back around and came back.
"Works all done. I did everything I needed to do. Now whats for dinner?".

Yep..chip off the old block. LOL

Oh and if you ever want to make your young sons day, take him for early evening walks and let him wear a headlamp. My son LOVES it. It is tough to burn off his energy in these short winter days and I'm trying many methods before bedtime.

Reactions: Swedishchef
My daughter was watching Puss 'n Boots (she's 11) and asked me (in all seriousness, mind you) did they use guns and pistols in the old Westerns? What about the Easterns?

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is Santa's gifts to our house, every year he brings us a game -which is quite a feat given the age range of my children (21, 18 and 11). This year was Burple. Flip over the card, look at the picture and say a word with the same first letter as the picture. Simple concept, hard reality! But such fun family time!! All in front of the fire.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Status
Not open for further replies.