So what could fit on this flue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hbob

Jan 20, 2024
Seattle
I have a new VC Encore and I am connecting to Selkirk DSP 6" double wall (already have it and needed to match existing Selkirk Metalbestos A Chimney). If you look at the picture...the inside diameter works with a 6" pipe and the outside works with the 6" Stove Adaptor from Selkirk BUT only at the very top. As you can see from the image, the casting is tapered so that it is not shaped so that the double wall pipe slides over the outside of the flue as it is intended. There are earlier posts of some modifications done to stove pipe to fit other VC stoves, but the Encore has a flue that is very much unlike the other stoves. My current plan is to try the Selkirk "Flush Stove Adapter" and cut away at it to fit past the two tabs inside the flue casting. Any other ideas? The dealer said to use a single wall pipe to start and then adapt to double wall but I am not finding that is a real part.
stoveflue.jpg

1707514746456.png

This is the "Flush Stove Adapter" from Selkirk. The inner liner would slip down inside the flue and, if cut, could fit deeper than the cast tabs will allow. But open to other ideas.

View attachment 324556

This is the "Flush Stove Adapter" from Selkirk. The inner liner would slip down inside the flue and, if cut, could fit deeper than the cast tabs will allow. But open to other ideas.
Look into Ultimate Stovepipe. A low-profile adapter is made for this very purpose. Do not mix single-wall with double-wall! Bad advice. Compromise certification and clearances for double-wall pipe.-

I have a new VC Encore and I am connecting to Selkirk DSP 6" double wall (already have it and needed to match existing Selkirk Metalbestos A Chimney). If you look at the picture...the inside diameter works with a 6" pipe and the outside works with the 6" Stove Adaptor from Selkirk BUT only at the very top. As you can see from the image, the casting is tapered so that it is not shaped so that the double wall pipe slides over the outside of the flue as it is intended. There are earlier posts of some modifications done to stove pipe to fit other VC stoves, but the Encore has a flue that is very much unlike the other stoves. My current plan is to try the Selkirk "Flush Stove Adapter" and cut away at it to fit past the two tabs inside the flue casting. Any other ideas? The dealer said to use a single wall pipe to start and then adapt to double wall but I am not finding that is a real part.
View attachment 324555
we cope the outer part of the black double wall pipe with tin snips like a 1/2 moon on each side to allow the stove adapter to set in more

Reactions: stoveliker
I ended up with a good fit using a short single wall stove adapter and the double wall stove adapter over that. It is tight, does not leak or whistle. No cutting required. It is what the dealer recommended. The double wall completely covers the single wall, so there is no clearance issues.

I ended up with a good fit using a short single wall stove adapter and the double wall stove adapter over that. It is tight, does not leak or whistle. No cutting required. It is what the dealer recommended. The double wall completely covers the single wall, so there is no clearance issues.
good job !