So what does your wife think about your pellet stove obsession?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
According to my wife, (who is pregnant and emotional right now) I am spending too much time with my pellet stove and my pellets. Is it just me, or are others guilty of this as well and hearing it from their better half?

So what does your wife think about your pellet stove obsession?

Who Cares!

After 27+ years of the wife she doesn't care where I spend my time around the house. As long as she is warm she is happy. If she is happy everyone is happy.

I have been married for 15 years come Febuary and we have had a pellet stove for 11 years now. I'll admit I didn't start out pellet sick, But I have made up for it with overtime! Wifey knows I could be home chatting about them or I could still be spending way too much time cutting, splitting, and stacking! Plus the house is always warm now. No cold mornings or rushing home to make fires. She will not admit it but I catch her checking out them pellets too! Once my son catches it the whole house will be in the pellet tank.

Well, I'm coming up on 40 years of being married.

By now whatever I do is fine by her as long as it results in there being a roof over our heads, food for our bellies, and heat to keep the cold at bay.

I think I have all of the required chores taken care of so I can do whatever else I want to.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Well, I'm coming up on 40 years of being married.

By now whatever I do is fine by her as long as it results in there being a roof over our heads, food for our bellies, and heat to keep the cold at bay.

I think I have all of the required chores taken care of so I can do whatever else I want to.

Here is the wisdom of the long married man

doublewide said:
According to my wife, (who is pregnant and emotional right now) I am spending too much time with my pellet stove and my pellets. Is it just me, or are others guilty of this as well and hearing it from their better half?

When they are in that state you must pay more attention to them than you think they need, you'll live longer and hear less whining that way.

SmokeyTheBear said:
doublewide said:

When they are in that state you must pay more attention to them than you think they need, you'll live longer and hear less whining that way.

Far less objects will get hurled in your direction too! Ask me how I know?

SmokeyTheBear said:
doublewide said:

Wife loved your post - she's dying laughing - and wants to know what a "pellet pig" is. She also wants to know where to get pellet pig t-shirts for my birthday.

doublewide said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
doublewide said:

Wife loved your post - she's dying laughing - and wants to know what a "pellet pig" is. She also wants to know where to get pellet pig t-shirts for my birthday.

A pellet pig is a person that has met the qualifications for membership in the pellet pig club.

Jay or imacman can fill in the particulars. But it starts with having three or more tons of pellets in your bunker before first frost.

Oh and there are dues that seem to need laundering via purchase of brews stored at Eric's stove shop.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Oh and there are dues that seem to need laundering via purchase of brews stored at Eric's stove shop.

HEY! >:-(

Don't let the cat....errr I mean the pellet out of the bag!!!

Those dues are used strictly for "administrative costs". BURP

Just wondering what the Husbands think, when it's a WIFE having the Pellet Stove Obsession?.................

Just asking because it's always me that is sending my husband links from the forum here to read, read and read. lol

I always get a "Yes Dear" I will read them. Then I just remind him that having the pellet stove and the obsession with it is what's keeping him, our daughter and the pets nice and toasty. Also having this obsesson is a heck of a lot cheaper then paying the $$$ for the oil man to come.

It's so nice not see the oil truck out in the driveway, plus i don't get the "shakes" as i used to with having to write out th HUGE check for the oil.

NHMOM said:

Just wondering what the Husbands think, when it's a WIFE having the Pellet Stove Obsession?.................

They think, "Gawd, I married the perfect woman!"
;-)

doublewide said:

Best advice I have ever recieved from my pops was, "Never argue with a pregnant woman."

Status
Not open for further replies.