Social Security

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? At current revenue and spending rates SS is 'solvent' for ~20 years. And by then the boomers will be parting this mortal coil in large numbers, and the Millenials (more numerous than the boomers) will be hitting prime earning years...no real problems that can't be fixed by tweaks.

About the worst thing that can happen to SS is benefits get reduced. Govt claims if nothing done they can still pay 75% of current benefits for decades to come. A worse problem is the Govt is now borrowing money to pay back the SS trust fund all the IOUs that it has been raiding all these years. How long can that go on? I guess until the printing press breaks down.

How about everyone starts paying into the system with no "pass" at some arbitrarily set earnings level? what a concept.

I don't have kids but I'm embarrassed at the amount of student debt we've heaped onto their shoulders (and their parents) while the wealthiest never feel a twinge. My loans were are at 9.5%, but the rules have changed in the years hence.

Reactions: begreen
You can also feel confident in the fact that she will never see a dime of social security.

Are you anticipating that the Tea Party nutbolts will become the majority party in future elections?
About the worst thing that can happen to SS is benefits get reduced. Govt claims if nothing done they can still pay 75% of current benefits for decades to come. A worse problem is the Govt is now borrowing money to pay back the SS trust fund all the IOUs that it has been raiding all these years. How long can that go on? I guess until the printing press breaks down.

Endlessly. We can generate unlimited amounts of money. The question is if we can produce the goods and services the future retirees would like to buy with that money. The funny thing is to increase future production you need to actually spend money. It is called investing in the future.

Are you anticipating that the Tea Party nutbolts will become the majority party in future elections?

Of course not, it's much more likely that the koolaid drinking sheep will watch idly as the fascists from both major political parties that currently control everything run this country completely into the ground.

Well that kills this one deader than hell.

Knock off politics folks. Lots of sights for that blather.

CLOSED.

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.