Some gossip from our neighborhood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummm. Paying rent to somebody else or buying a building and renting extra space to others AND have enough space to continue your own business.

Sounds like a no brainer.

Dropping the Tarm line has be wondering a little after I bought one. I wonder if I should stock up on some consumables.

I share your concern Bad LP. I wonder if they are going to continue to stock replacement parts for Tarm boilers, or if there are other ways to source parts. I tried emailing Tarm in Europe once but got no response, so that route may be problematic. Thanks for posting the link to that article Fred. I'll give Tarm Biomass a call tomorrow.

Last edited:
I spoke to Tarm today and they were very helpful on another matter. I did not discuss this issue. Worse case is stock up on some parts and leave them in a safe spot in the basement.
I'm not worried. These boilers have been out there for so long with a great reputation and they are trying to build on their base. Dropping the old customer product line like a hot potato does not send the proper message to the market they are trying to expand on IMO.

The longer I hang around the Interwebs

I don't believe this is the end of Tarm on US soil. It's big enough so I suspect someone will pick it up.

I spoke with Tarm Biomass today. They indicated they will continue to stock replacement parts for Tarm boilers. They also said they manufacture the replacement ceramic elements themselves.

Mike

Good to know. Thanks for updating.

I contacted HSTarm in Denmark too, regarding replacement parts manufacturing and availability. I also asked about the current status of their Solo Innova line, since that's what I have. I thought I'd pass their response on. They replied, "We do produce the Solo Innova 50 still, and they are being distributed from Turkey. However it is a new and improved edition. It´s called the Solo Innova 50 MK2. We are still able to provide replacement parts for these boilers and I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do this in the far future."

Baxi, which I think is Tarm's multinational parent company indicated on their site they stock parts for their heating equipment for ten years after a model goes out of production. My Tarm Solo Innova is labelled Baxi right on the front door so I guess I'm go to go in this regard. I don't know if this applies to models already in production prior to Baxi's acquisition of HS Tarm. I think the Solo Plus MK2 might be a Baxi product.

As an aside, if anyone's interested, here's a link to a brochure on the MK 2 version of the Solo Innova from HS Tarm, http://www.woodfuelboilers.co.uk/Products/Literature/New HS Tarm literature/Solo Innova 50.pdf. It's not available in the USA far as I know. Tarm seems to have a number of other models available in Europe, but not here..

Last edited:
The Froling is just an awesome boiler and really made my system. I cannot imagine life without it (unless I had gas in the street, I would do that). Lighting it never gets old. The firemaking is one of the high points of the day and the heat is awesome.

Thank You.

The Froling is just an awesome boiler and really made my system. I cannot imagine life without it (unless I had gas in the street, I would do that). Lighting it never gets old. The firemaking is one of the high points of the day and the heat is awesome.

Thank You.
I feel the same way about my Effecta:)! In fact with the craziness of work (email, texts, Instant messages, Conferences, etc.), I find the whole wood thing to be a forced mental break that saves me (work from a home office when not at a client site).

Status
Not open for further replies.