somerset hardwood pellets not burning completly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. I was hoping for some encouraging words before I left work. Good for you!!! But like you said, now you know EVERYTHING about it.. Glad they met you in the middle on the $200, you deserve that much after replacing all the gaskets.. Almost $50 right there.

barnyard840x said:
spoke to the selling dealer today and im going to return this stove and get the BRAND NEW one they have there, obviously i will go over it with a fine toothed comb to make sure every aspect of the stove is in working order before i fire it up, i also specifically requested that they test fire it before i take it home to ensure that that stove is in GOOD working condition. i have to come out of pocket another 100$ for the stove but it will be worth it to me not to have to deal with all these headaches! now if i only had my truck back from the shop, unfortunatly it will not be finished until late next week and my fathers truck is broken down too. but hopefully i will get this bucket of bolts OUT of my house by friday and have a good working stove for the weekend. HOPEFULLY.thank all of you for your kind and good advice,i guess one good thing has come out of all the headaches,i know all about this stove now and will be able to service my NEW one with no trouble at all. Special thanks to Smokey, CWR and T jakeman

You're more than welcome, Barnyard! This is a great forum with fantastic people willing spend their off time helping others get the benefits of burning pellets and not oil.

I had a bad impression of your dealer but now I stand corrected. Good for you! Seeing as it's new, pre burn it and get the stink out. I hope everything works out great. I'll be very interested in seeing how it goes!

Did you say you installed the outside air kit?

Chan

CWR said:
barnyard840x said:
spoke to the selling dealer today and im going to return this stove and get the BRAND NEW one they have there, obviously i will go over it with a fine toothed comb to make sure every aspect of the stove is in working order before i fire it up, i also specifically requested that they test fire it before i take it home to ensure that that stove is in GOOD working condition. i have to come out of pocket another 100$ for the stove but it will be worth it to me not to have to deal with all these headaches! now if i only had my truck back from the shop, unfortunatly it will not be finished until late next week and my fathers truck is broken down too. but hopefully i will get this bucket of bolts OUT of my house by friday and have a good working stove for the weekend. HOPEFULLY.thank all of you for your kind and good advice,i guess one good thing has come out of all the headaches,i know all about this stove now and will be able to service my NEW one with no trouble at all. Special thanks to Smokey, CWR and T jakeman

You're more than welcome, Barnyard! This is a great forum with fantastic people willing spend their off time helping others get the benefits of burning pellets and not oil.

I had a bad impression of your dealer but now I stand corrected. Good for you! Seeing as it's new, pre burn it and get the stink out. I hope everything works out great. I'll be very interested in seeing how it goes!

Did you say you installed the outside air kit?

Chan

yes i did install the OAK,i was burning with out it at first but the more i read up on this unit i have found that it is almost essiental for a proper burn and being that i had so many issues with the stove i wanted to rule that out as a factor. i am hoping that this new stove that i am picking up friday will bring me much better luck than the stove i was sold first,dont get me wrong i love having a stove but about all this stove i got now is good for is anchoring down a boat! will post pics of the NEW stove when i get it up and running friday morning. thank you again and happy burning!

Congrats on being able to get a new stove to replace the lemon they gave you. I live in Northeast Ohio too, and I got my Castile Insert from the dealer in Middlefield. I havent had any issues with the stove or the dealer, he seems to be a very decent person, always willing to help out, and even made 2 trips out to my place to fix a few minor issues we had the first season. Been buying pellets off of him every year too, and the prices seem to be lowest in this area.

I was hoping this isnt the dealer you got your stove from.

Good luck with the new one , Im sure youre going to like it, and I hope you enjoy the heat...

yes i got the new stove on friday but couldnt get it installed that day because i had to work at 3pm,so i did the next best thing when i got home friday night, invited dexter over,we had a few drinks and enjoyed watching it burn in my garage for a couple hours. he helped me install it the next day,after we installed a dishwasher at his house. by 3pm we were up and running and i havent shut it off since! have cleaned the pot out a couple times while it was running but ive been enjoying the heat and watching it burn! i only had it on level 3 today and had my ol'lady sweating(literally) and yelling at me to turn it down! for some reason she didnt believe me when it told her that was the only setting it had! lol she must have gotten a hold of the manuel and did her homework on it! all in all,its a very quality unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.