Song Of The Week.... Bring It Back?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It's the weekend--Time to rock it! 🎸🚀

They all are talented musicians and I especially like --Lightfoot, and Dorothy--that Lady has attitude. Listened to them all but my taste for some is very different but they were all entertaining for me and others I am sure...My speaker is not working "with a full brain here" so I am struggling with sound until I get it fixed..Most of the last few ones are mostly for something like "party time" in a bar which is fine but not quite my taste..But I enjoyed the stretch of generations here and the words were interesting as far as I could hear the words with this speaker problem. Thank you...clancey

OK, so I double- and triple-post songs.. is that wrong of me? I think not, because they're great, and a newbie may have missed one of them. 😆

Reactions: begreen and fbelec
Last two songs did not impress me..Good musicians and the harmonic player was really good but not my taste in music but a whole lot of fans in that first song by The Waifs so I guess the band is very popular with someone but not me. The second is a good voice singer but needs another song--lol..clancey

Listened to the songs and its part of your lifestyle --not my style but nevertheless--good. I think you like that double guitar--lol..thanks enjoyed..clancey

Reactions: clancey
Last two songs did not impress me..Good musicians and the harmonic player was really good but not my taste in music but a whole lot of fans in that first song by The Waifs so I guess the band is very popular with someone but not me. The second is a good voice singer but needs another song--lol..clancey
Stevie Ray Vaughan doesn't have a great voice in terms of control or technique, but it's great for the rock/blues-based music he plays. His guitar work, on the other hand, has incredible control and technique.
I saw him play live, and my jaw hit the ground several times; He was playing so fast and clean that I could scarcely believe it..just as good as any of his recorded stuff...plus live sound! Playing the heavy-gauge strings that he did, the tone he got was incredible.
I guess the reason you didn't care for that particular song was because he snuck a jazz chord or two in there. 😆
As far as I'm concerned, jazz is the apex of musical expression.. 🤯

Well, the weekend is once again upon us, and I guess you all know what that means...Yep, it's time to rock!! 🤗
Sure, these be repeats on my part but more of a good thing is never too much. 😏

Here's a little "love song." Strap in tight and get ready for some high-wire aerobatics at breakneck speed! 😲 Classic screaming rock voice teamed with heavy guitar, and one helluva ripping lead break. "Loosen up, you guys."

Speaking of great rock vocals and guitar work, and just all-around heavy-ness, there's always this. Heavy as Led. 😏
Oh yeah...did someone mention harmonica? 😁

Last edited: