Song Of The Week.... Bring It Back?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Your not the only one for I am quite bad at songs and what I do is find out the name of the song and look them up and listen to a few of their songs and then make my decision... clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
Thunder Mother from Sweden with a powerful voice and one truly has to be a rocker to appreciate these two songs--the other one Halestorm in Miss the Misery is also a powerful rock performance. Awesome performances both of these lady singers with good music that wakes one up. I would love to hear "something of a ballad" coming from these two for I like those type of songs. A lot more quieter and subdued for me at my age. lol---but awesome music to experience in person and they have been into it for a long time...clancey

On the note of girl rockers, I had hopes to see this band evolve and continue on after their sudden break through. This song is imitated and covered alot.

I don't think I like the last song even the rhythm seems off with a lot of jumping around by the sound effects--I guess...I think this one would be more for a younger audience. It's okay...clancey

Last edited:
All these bands are true musicians with some good singing--I like the drummer in Dead Daisies for there is hope for him for he can flip those sticks good. The 81 year old Bob Wood is amazing with the guitar and the two are enjoying the jam with each other and one can tell. The other three bands on the postings are hard rock and with much movements but not my taste. Just too much for my ears and in particular in the song "Shine On" from u-tube they are looking for a alchemist-lol and with their type of music they sure need one to continue their rapid music...Not my style "any" of them just too much happening but they are all top bands with a lot of followers. Lindsey Ell is a good singer and seems to like doing video's around water and I think "nature loving" but with being too sad with her songs and she needs to liven it up in a more positive note.. Thanks for the music...clancey

Clancy this one's for u.

Reactions: clancey
Ive never heard of most of the songs / bands that people have posted here. I listen to pretty much everything except jazz and country, and I thought I had an eclectic playlist. ....There are almost too many choices no adays.
Yeah, there's a ton of good stuff that I've never heard, especially growing up listening to the radio. Now we have the internet, and access to much more music. If I think about too much, I start feeling like I should just listen to music all day and discover a ton of great stuff I don't know about. But I don't have time to do that--I also have to get more wood! 😆
Here's some jazz you might like, from the guy I'd pick if stranded on a desert island, one artist only...The Maah-stah! 😏 This one's from his "jazz phase" in the late '60s-early '70s.
But yeah, some jazz can surpass my ability to understand...Ornette Coleman for instance. 🤔😏

Found an Easter egg, listening to 93xrt last night. A Cadbury egg, if you will, for my "Peeps." ==c

🤔

Last edited:
Just got my computer out of the shop and with all these postings it will take some time to listen to them but they do sound interesting and my sister was big on Jazz for she had a Big Bands leader husband who sometimes was on Johnny Carson but I never quite got into it but I will listen to the songs and see "What's Up"....clancey