Sooteater shortage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BMcCarthy

Apr 6, 2018
MA
Hi all, Been trying to find the SootEater SLK-24 (white rods) but no luck anywhere. Called HY-C and they confirmed there's been a shortage, with their next shipment supposed to go out January 1. Rep asked where I was located (Massachusetts) and then said Associated Energy Systems would be getting one of the first shipments so I could check with them. However, when I checked their website it seems they don't operate or have any dealers in the northeast, and doesn't seem you can order direct.

Anyway, if someone has a source that would be greatly appreciated. If not, would I be just as fine going with the regular RCH 205-B (black rods)?

Envire Venice 1200 Insert
Stainless Steel Liner, approx 24', straight with only slight bend at bottom.

I bought from Rockford chimney supply.

Black should be fine,.in particular if you're going more or less straight up.

My local ACE had them when I bought mine. Granted several years ago.

I bought mine off Amazon, I think. Black rods, could make the 90 bend from 6" singlewall to 5.5" liner just fine. I broke 1 rod, but that was when I dropped the drill while sweeping. It wasn't the fault of the rod.

Reactions: BMcCarthy
Bought mine at Rockford, too. Bought extra rods from them that they put in the box.

I just went on Amazon.. lots of rods and kits available with free delivery..

Screenshot_20221218-065207_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 1kzwoman
Thanks, but those are all knock offs - I was looking for the original. I did end up buying the black sooteater from Amazon so we'll see how it goes.

I bought the off brand I believe.. Im not a professional sweep.. Im just doing my house.. in 10 years it will only get used like 20 times.. glad u git it

Reactions: MJSullivan56
Bought a set of the knockoff's this year. I've used them twice so far and haven't had any issues. Although I have a cleanout behind my stove so its pretty much a straight shot up.